If it is time to replace your glass shower doors, you may decide to change the style in your home. Frameless shower doors are a popular option these days due to their flexibility and advantages. If you are feeling it is time for a new look in your home, here are the advantages of installing frameless glass shower doors in Alaska:
- Stronger construction: Many consumers think that framed doors are stronger, but that is not the case. Fully framed doors use thinner glass that relies heavily on the frames for reinforcement. That creates a weak spot in the middle of the door that can be vulnerable to impacts. All shower doors are made of safety glass, so safety is not an issue as much as the time and money wasted on a probable repair. Frameless shower enclosures are less likely to break because the glass is thicker and more likely to stand up to stress.
- Easy cleaning: The crevices in doorframes can be breeding grounds for mold and mildew. Without these frames to trap moisture and grow mildew, it is easier to keep the frameless styles clean. All you need to do is wipe down the door with glass cleaner. You will also be able to finish that task quicker without the frames in your way. There is no place for mold and mildew to hide.
- Options: Frameless doors can be made to swing either in or out, which expands possibilities when your shower needs to be more accessible. Some customers even request that frameless doors be double-hinged, which is impossible with their framed versions. If a household member has mobility issues or your bathroom layout is unusual, having flexibility in how a door swings can make a big difference.
- Longer lasting: Frames are vulnerable to corrosion. This makes sense when considering that the same water accumulating around the edges and growing mold or mildew also corrodes a metal frame. Without this additional vulnerability, frameless doors last three to four times longer than regular framed doors, making them a better long-term investment.
- Style: Frameless doors have a modern appearance that matches any bathroom layout or décor. People will often choose them if they anticipate a bathroom remodel in the future because they know that the doors will most likely match whatever changes are made.
- Home value: Switching from framed to frameless shower doors can increase the chances of your home selling. This is likely due to their attractive nature, but also their advantages in longevity and durability.
Frameless doors unfortunately have their disadvantages, too, mainly their price. However, the fact that they are less likely to break and will last longer may be worth the extra money spent. Also, you will want to ensure that your flooring is waterproof, as with some designs, water leaks out from under the doors. That can also be managed with a good bathroom rug.
Replacement Glass Co., Inc. in Anchorage repairs and replaces glass shower doors in Alaska. Give us a call today if you are ready to make the transition to frameless shower doors.