Commercial utilities are frequently higher than those you incur at home, and storefront windows also undergo more stress. Weather, traffic and elements test your commercial windows every day, and the constant public exposure also leaves them vulnerable in other ways. If you are looking at commercial glass replacement in Alaska, it may be time to consider insulated glass if you have not already installed it. Here are its advantages:
- Temperature control: With winter soon to arrive, keeping heat inside will be a priority in every retail establishment and workplace. While the amount of insulation varies by the type of windows you choose, any variety will offer some degree of improved temperature control. In Alaska, quadruple glazing is common in order to take the best advantage of this particular property and keep weather elements outside for good.
- Sound mitigation: Many offices or storefronts are located in busy areas, which feature the sounds of traffic, people passing by and any other outdoor disturbances. Insulated windows also provide a barrier between you and street noise that can prove distracting to workers and customers. Imagine them as a means to keep heat in and noise out so your place of business remains productive.
- Durability: The combination of multiple layers and glazing also adds durability to the glass. While the window can splinter with a big enough impact, it is less likely to completely shatter. That means the window stays in the frame even if the damage is readily apparent. Your premises remain secure and maintain some insulating properties as you wait for glass repair or replacement, allowing business to continue as usual.
- Long lifespan: Insulated windows typically last 10 to 25 years. In colder regions, the usual lifespan is around 12 years, which is still pretty significant when you consider what you pay to replace windows. No matter the money you pay for installation, you can rest assured that you will not have to consider another replacement for a long while.
- Lower utilities: Employee and customer comfort are already good reasons on their own to maintain indoor temperatures. However, there is also month-to-month cost savings. With less heat escaping, the stress on your HVAC will be reduced. The result over time will be a reduction of heating expenses, which can be quite high in commercial venues and during Alaska winters.
- Improved air quality: Insulated windows are also linked to maintaining higher indoor humidity, which helps with air quality. They do not attract indoor condensation which can lead to the growth of mildew and mold. Poor air quality can lead to workers using sick time more frequently, and in the case of severe allergies, workers’ compensation claims, both of which can increase your operating costs.
Replacement Glass Co., Inc. in Anchorage is available for commercial glass replacement in Alaska, whether that involves windows, outdoor shelters or retail showcases. We use top name brands and ensure every job is completed correctly. Call us today to schedule an appointment and begin exploring your options.
Categorised in: Commercial Glass