As a glass contractor in Alaska, our job here at Replacement Glass Co. Inc is not just to provide our customers with high quality and reasonably priced glass. We also have a duty to help ensure that glass is used in a way that beautifully blends function and style, and nowhere is that more important than with residential windows. With that in mind, here are six design tips for the next time you get new residential windows from your glass shop and glass contractor in Alaska. We hope this guide helps to get your creative juices flowing:
- Door windows: There’s a wise old saying about closing doors and opening windows, but we are more interested in combining the two. Adding windows to the design of your front door will give a welcoming, casual and friendly vibe to your home’s exterior, and will also let more natural light into your front room.
- Skylights: A great skylight in the kitchen, living room or even bedroom never goes out of style. If you are looking for a way to wow your guests, let in some great natural light and increase the value of your home, then you cannot go wrong with a well-placed skylight.
- Bay windows: The best way to make your windows more interactive and noticeable is to turn them into bay windows, which make the perfect frame for a couch, bench or even table for people to gather around. Whether you are throwing a party or enjoying a meal with your family, bay windows will always be a stunning addition to any room.
- Floor to ceiling: Windows that stretch from floor to ceiling, also known as “window walls,” are the ultimate way to enjoy a lovely view, let in as much natural light as possible and add some serious wow factor to your living room or kitchen. Rather than going with an outdated sliding glass door, add a window wall with decorative borders and stylish French doors to your home.
- Stained glass windows: If your home already has a charming, antique feel, then stained glass windows are a perfect way to add to that look and bring a unique feature to your home. The key to quality stained glass is to start with quality regular glass, so make sure you hire a reputable glass contractor in Alaska.
- Energy efficiency: This factor might not have much to do with the look and design of your windows, but it can still play a very important role in your home. Energy efficient windows protect your house from outside elements, reduce your monthly heating bills and even add resale value to your property. If that isn’t enough incentive to make the switch, we don’t know what is.
For more tips and ideas for residential window design, and to view a wide selection of different glass options, pay a visit or get in touch with Replacement Glass Co. Inc, your trusted glass contractor in Alaska. We look forward to helping you achieve your dream home.
Categorised in: Glass Contractor