As a business owner, you are likely aware of the way that the appearance of your property can affect your employees and customers. The more polished and professional your business looks on the outside, the more likely it is for your employees to feel proud of where they work and for your potential customers to have a favorable opinion of your business.
With this in mind, it’s important to keep up on regular maintenance and cleaning of your building features, including windows and commercial doors in Alaska. Regardless of the quality of your windows and doors, the accumulation of dirt and debris can make them appear old and unattractive. Find out more about how you can effectively care for your window and door hardware to improve their appearance and boost their longevity:
- Use the right supplies for cleaning: To get your door and window hardware looking its best, you don’t have to use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning products. In fact, these things can strip your hardware of its appearance and leave scratches behind. Use a smooth, clean cloth, some warm water and mild soap to clean your hardware thoroughly without damaging it.
- Lubricate hinges and moving parts: It’s important to lubricate hinges and door closers every six months or so with a few drops of penetrating oil. Make sure you move hinges as you apply the oil to encourage even distribution of the lubrication. Since hinge lubricant can also prevent freezing, make sure to schedule this maintenance before the cooling season starts.
- Make necessary adjustments: Over months and years of use, hinges and closers may become loosened. When you lubricate your door and window hardware, it’s a good idea to check and see whether any features need to be tightened or adjusted in any way.
- Be gentle with your doors and windows: Doors and windows that are slammed closed or routinely mistreated are not likely to last very long. To avoid costly repairs or premature replacement, make sure you are aware of how you treat your doors and windows and make it a point to be gentle with your hardware.
- Fix minor problems before they become big issues: Minor creaks or malfunctions might not seem like a big deal, but they can develop into major issues if they are not handled promptly. Make sure to contact a door and window technician to inspect your hardware and make minor repairs and adjustments as necessary.
If your doors aren’t working the way they should, or if you’d like to improve their appearance with brand-new hardware, give Replacement Glass a call. We specialize in the installation, repair and replacement of commercial and residential glass, but we can do so much more. We offer a wide selection of quality hardware and repairs for commercial doors in Alaska. We also have an outstanding inventory of commercial doors and windows, and we can even help assist you with a custom glass door or window solution for your home or business. Contact us today to find out more about our services and pricing or to schedule an appointment.