Washing your windows is often one of the most tedious chores you have as a business owner. First off, there’s the fact that they get dirty quickly, so they need to be cleaned fairly frequently. Secondly, washing your windows is a pain because, if you don’t do it exactly right, they’ll look streaked, and you’ll have to clean them again. If you’re fed up with messy-looking windows and commercial doors in Alaska, keep reading! This post will teach you everything you need to know about keeping your glass nice and shiny throughout the year:
- Wash them properly: Professional window cleaners are pros for a reason—they have the right techniques to get your windows clean while ensuring they don’t look streaked. They do this by using the right tools, like squeegees and commercial-grade cleaners. They also use as little soap or cleaning product as possible, so that there’s not as many suds to deal with. If possible, wash your windows when there’s no direct sunlight, as that leads to the glass drying faster and streaking.
- Buy the right cleaning products: As touched on above, professionals often use special window cleaning solutions instead of plain old soap and water. Glass cleaners are designed to dry without streaking while providing you with the shiniest glass in the neighborhood.
- Change your filters: It’s impossible to totally prevent dust, pollen and other debris from floating around in your business. However, you can help cut back on all of those allergens from clinging to your windows by changing your building’s air filters on a regular basis. Experts recommend changing your air filters every 90 days or so. If you have lots of trees on your property or your business involves working with animals or pets, you should change filters more frequently.
- Look beyond windows: You can clean your windows as often as you want, but that’s not going to help much if your blinds, curtains and windowsills are full of dust! Keeping everything around your windows clean and dust free will prevent your windows from becoming dirty so quickly. Dusting a little more often is a pain, but it sure beats washing your windows over and over!
- Hire a professional: After a certain point, you might want to consider throwing in the towel and hiring a professional to clean your windows. You might not like the thought of paying someone to complete a chore that you feel like you can do on your own, but at least with a pro, you can rest easy knowing that your windows will be dust free and spotless around the clock. Do some research online—you can often find a professional to clean your windows for a lot less money than you expect!
Whether you need new windows or commercial doors in Alaska, make sure you choose Replacement Glass to handle the job! We have years of experience working with both homes and commercial buildings, and there’s no job too big or too small for us to tackle. Give us a call today to get an estimate or to learn more about all of our services.
Categorised in: Commercial Doors