Why Should You Replace Your Commercial Windows?
You’ve got a lot on your plate as a business owner or a building manager. From running the operation to handling any issues among employees, there often just isn’t enough time in the day! One thing you can’t let fall by the wayside, though, is commercial glass maintenance in Alaska. Continue reading to learn the top reasons to replace your current windows:
- Increase comfort: Old windows can be drafty, making a day in the office miserable for many employees. You can easily fix this issue by replacing those old windows. Additionally, new windows reduce solar heat gain, keeping the office more comfortable on warm, sunny days.
- Reduce costs: New windows can be a significant investment, but they pay for themselves over time. Because new windows are better at sealing in your conditioned air and blocking outside air from entering your space, the building’s HVAC system won’t have to work as hard to keep the building comfortable. In fact, new windows can save up to 40 percent on energy costs each month.
- Block traffic noise: People who work on the ground level on a busy street know that the noise from passing cars and trucks can be distracting. A significant amount of that noise can be blocked by replacing those old windows. Double- or triple-paned windows are excellent at soundproofing, allowing employees to stay on task regardless of what’s going on outside.
- Improve building value: Even if you’re not thinking about selling your commercial building, its overall value should always be on your mind. Because commercial window replacement in Alaska provides all of the benefits above and makes a building more attractive, it’s sure to boost its resale value down the road.
Three signs it’s time for replacement
With proper commercial glass maintenance in Alaska, your commercial windows can last for years. These are a few signs that it’s time to invest in some new windows:
- Visible damage: Cracks and chips in the glass or damage to the frame are leading indicators that it’s time for new windows. If you act quickly and call a window company as soon as possible, you may be able to have the windows repaired instead of replaced. However, paying for full replacement is often a better idea.
- Higher energy bills: If your energy bills are slowly creeping higher and higher each month, don’t just ignore it. Drafty windows are a leading cause of wasted energy, costing you hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars each year. Take the plunge and replace those windows to save big bucks.
- Condensation buildup: Any condensation that’s built up between two panes shouldn’t be ignored. In addition to looking shoddy, it’s a sign that the seal on the window has failed. There’s no way to repair windows with a failed seal, so you’ll need to have them replaced. Thankfully, today’s seals are engineered to last longer than those in older windows.
Contact Replacement Glass today
If your windows have seen better days, call our team for commercial window replacement in Alaska. We offer free consultations and price estimates to ensure you get the perfect windows at the right price.
Categorised in: Commercial Glass, Window Replacement