Benefits of Frameless Shower Doors
Getting ready to remodel your bathroom? You might be considering frameless shower doors, which can transform the appearance of the entire space. Sleek, modern and open, this type of shower door is popular among homeowners. Are frameless shower doors right for you? Read on to discover their benefits and why they’re destined to be a classic choice.
What is a frameless shower door?
There are three broad categories of shower doors: framed, semi-framed and frameless. Framed shower doors have a metal frame around the entire door, and may be placed on a track or hinges. They can be installed in standalone or tub and shower combinations.
Semi-framed doors have a frame around the perimeter of the shower, but the doors themselves are frameless, except for some metal at the bottom. These are usually installed in standalone showers.
Frameless shower doors are also installed in standalone showers. They are made entirely of glass, except for the hinges. This creates a clean, open appearance that framed and semi-framed doors can’t achieve.
Benefits of frameless shower doors
Here’s a closer look at some of the biggest frameless shower door benefits you can enjoy if you make the investment:
- Allows more light into the shower: If your old shower is dark, it can make the showering experience less than ideal. Not only is it hard to see what you’re doing, but it’s rarely as relaxing as it could be. Frameless shower doors work with the natural and artificial light in your bathroom, so you can navigate the space more easily.
- Makes your bathroom seem larger: Perhaps the greatest benefit to frameless shower doors is their appearance—that is, they’re visually “open,” which makes your bathroom seem a lot larger. Frameless shower doors are a great choice when you want to make your bathroom seem bigger, or when you’d like to show off your shower’s stone walls or tilework. There are no frames to interfere with the visual lines, so the eye is naturally drawn to what’s inside the shower instead.
- Can be cut to any size: Since there’s no need for a metal frame, your frameless shower door can be completely customized to your bathroom’s measurements. This is a great benefit when you have an oddly-shaped or oversized shower.
- Less chance of mold or mildew buildup: Because there are very few metal components on your frameless shower door, there are also fewer places for mold and mildew to build up. You’ll spend less time dealing with this unsightly (and unhealthy) phenomenon.
- Easy to clean: Frameless shower doors are extremely easy to clean, compared to framed and semi-framed glass shower doors. Your bathroom cleaning time should be cut down dramatically.
- Increases your home value: Finally, choosing a frameless shower door is sure to increase your home value. Since they’re a classic, popular choice, buyers will be willing to pay more.
Although frameless shower doors are more of an investment than other varieties, the overall effect and their other benefits are sure to pay off over the long run.
When you’re ready to get your own frameless shower doors, call or stop by Replacement Glass today.
Categorised in: Glass Shower Doors