Installing new replacement windows is extremely time-consuming and expensive. The window replacement installation process is only handled by homeowners maybe once or twice in their lifetime. It is normal to wonder or not remember what occurs during the process of replacing windows. Continue reading to learn everything you need to know about replacing your windows.
Replacing Windows Process
The new window installation process is a long one. Here is a rundown of what you can expect.
If you do decide to take time off work or work from home, you should definitely do just that. If you decide to work from home and have a home office, you should request that the crew take care of your work room first so you can get on with your work.
The best way to manage a window replacement crew is to avoid managing them. Always put your trust in the company that you have chosen to take care of the work. You will always achieve the best results if crew members can call on you as a resource without you hovering over them.
- Meet the job lead in person and walk through the entire house. Be sure to go over each window and discuss any errors that the company may have made when ordering your windows.
- If your team has multiple members, one set of installers will bring in windows as another set of installers removes the windows. Have a walk through your home on your own to make sure that the crew members have laid down drop cloths to your satisfaction.
- If you have flower beds that you wish to protect, make sure that you add drop cloths outside. You can also set up dust barriers inside.
- The installation will continue as the removal process is in session. Once the new window level is up, it will be nailed into place.
- The stack of old windows will grow as the crew members move old windows outside. Move them away on your own if you are saving windows for yourself.
- The crew members should now be fully engaged in removing and replacing your windows.
- By the end of the day, depending on the size of the installation crew, you may expect up to 15 windows to be removed and replaced.
- No tools should remain in your home following this process.
- Your installers should arrive early to continue the removing and installing windows process.
- Once the crew has completed everything, they will begin installing the exterior trim on your windows, providing a tight seal against the weather.
- Your home will then be cleaned with a broom and your windows will be tested by opening and closing them.
- Labels will be left on the window since they contain important warranty information. You can have the crew save them for you if they happen to remove them.
- If the window replacement process exceeds a second day, it may be to finish installing the exterior cladding.
Categorised in: Window Replacement