For many homeowners, performing a full-scale bathroom remodel is either outside the scope of their budget or just unnecessary. But for those interested in making some seemingly small but noticeable changes in the appearance of their bathroom, there are luckily a number of options to choose from. One of these relatively modest improvements, but one that can make a huge difference in the overall feel of a bathroom, is the installation of glass shower doors in Alaska.
Glass shower doors bring a number of notable benefits, particularly when compared to cheap shower curtains or plastic-based shower doors. Here are some of the ways in which glass shower doors in Alaska can bring a fresh elegance to your bathroom:
- Better appearance: Especially when compared to shower curtains, it’s no contest—glass shower doors just look beautiful. Their sturdiness lends an air of permanence to your bathroom, which is hard to achieve with cheap curtains.
- Framed or frameless options: When working out your budget for glass shower doors, you’ll likely be faced with the choice between framed or frameless doors. Frameless doors, while certainly more elegant, are also going to cost more than framed doors. But at least this allows you some choice between glass doors and doesn’t force you to stick with curtains if you don’t want to.
- Sliding or pivoting options: Depending on the layout of your bathroom, you might find that either sliding or pivoting glass doors may work best. Having this option allows for more flexibility during the design process and more convenience and ease of everyday use.
- Easy maintenance: Frameless doors, in particular, require very little maintenance, as there are fewer parts and components involved. While installation is best handled by a professional, the good news is that once your doors are installed, you shouldn’t have to worry about them too much.
- Easy cleaning: Anyone who’s ever tried to clean vinyl shower curtains knows that the process can be a huge pain. Glass shower doors, however, are as simple to clean as any mirror or window, and even if they need to be cleaned more frequently than shower curtains, the simplicity of the process is worth it.
- Fewer health risks: One of the less discussed problems with shower curtains is that they’re often made of materials that can be hazardous for human health and bad for the environment. Glass doors pose no such risks.
- Good long-term investment: Glass shower doors don’t just make your bathroom look nicer—they can also increase the value of your home. Whether you’re considering selling your home in the near future or just looking to protect your investment, installing glass shower doors is a relatively simple and effective enhancement.
If you’re tired of dealing with the hassle of cleaning your shower curtains or feeling like you’d appreciate a sturdier shower enclosure, it may be time to consider glass shower doors in Alaska. The team at Replacement Glass Co., Inc. has been providing a full range of glass installation and repair services since 1970, and can help you increase your level of satisfaction with your bathroom through glass shower door installation. Call us today to learn more about your options!