Ready to Replace Your Glass? Here Are Five Questions to Ask Your Glass Contractor in Alaska
When you hire a contractor to install or replace shower doors and windows in your home, your goal is to hire someone who will get the job done right and leave you pleased with the results. You shouldn’t hire just anyone for the job, so it is important that you do your research to help you find the right contractor. Inquiring about the cost of the job, what materials will be used and looking into what past customers have to say can all help you choose the right contractor, but these aren’t the only things you should be worried about.
If you are getting new shower doors or windows, here are five questions to ask your glass contractor in Alaska:
- How long will the job take? Before a contractor begins a job, you need to know how long it will take them to complete it. Ideally, the job should take no more than a week, but this is something you will want to be sure of before they even begin. If you will have guests in town or have a party or get-together scheduled at your home and the job is not completed in a timely manner, you and whomever else was included in your plans will be inconvenienced.
- Do you have insurance? You never know what might happen while a contractor is installing or replacing windows or shower doors in your home. Someone could be injured (whether it is you or your contractor), your property might be damaged or something else tragic could happen. Whatever contractor you choose to hire for the job should have insurance that will cover these types of incidents. Without insurance, someone will be paying a lot of money to make things right—and it’ll likely be you.
- Do you guarantee your work? Any good contractor should not only stand behind their work, but if there is a mistake made, they should fix it. Although your contractor is a professional, they are also human and can make mistakes while working. It would be ideal for them to get the job done right the first time, but if they don’t, they should have no problem returning to your home to ensure you get the results you were expecting the first time around.
- Are you familiar with current local and state codes and ordinances? Every state and city may have certain codes and ordinances that people must adhere to when working on their homes. It is important that your contractor be familiar with these codes and ordinances, because their lack of knowledge in this particular area could result in fines and even put the job on hold. To avoid any problems during the installation or replacement process, be sure they are aware of these codes and ordinances.
- What are the payment terms? Some contractors want to be paid at the beginning of the job, some expect payment at the end and others take payments in installments. You need to know what your contractor prefers so there will be no surprises. Any miscommunication about payment amounts and when they are due can keep the job from being completed in a timely manner. This information should be in the contract, but it should also definitely be discussed in person prior to the job starting.
Regardless of the job, you need to be careful whom you hire. A contractor may be experienced, but that doesn’t always mean they are right for you. This is something to keep in mind the next time you need a professional’s help.
If you’re searching for a glass contractor in Alaska to handle a glass replacement job, we hope you’ll contact Replacement Glass and schedule a consultation with our experts.
Categorised in: Glass Contractor