Anyone responsible for maintaining commercial doors in Alaska knows one thing for certain: winters here can be rough. Properly preparing your commercial doors and windows for the winter season can ensure that customers and employees alike have unfettered access to your commercial space. Working with a qualified company specializing in window replacement in Alaska is a great way to ensure that you and your place of business are both effectively ready for the next big cold snap.
Keeping your doors operating smoothly throughout the year will ensure that both your employees and customers can safely and easily access your place of business. Additionally, it will ensure that you are making the most of your energy expenses. Here are just some of the ways that you can prepare your commercial doors for the winter season:
- Keep it clean: Make sure that the track that the door runs along is kept clean throughout the year. Ensure that any gunk that may have formed along any of the door’s moving parts is regularly removed.
- Tighten bolts and hinges: You should tighten the bolts and hinges on your door before cold weather begins to set in, and at several points throughout the winter. Temperature fluctuations will cause the metal and wood to expand and contract, loosening bonds.
- Lubricate everything: Everything on your door should be lubricated evenly and generously. Extreme cold can affect lubrication, so be sure to ask your supplier of commercial doors in Alaska about the best type of lubrication to use.
There are a number of steps that you can take to care for your existing windows, and also ensure that you are reaping the best possible bang for your buck when it comes to your energy spending. If you are using old and outdated windows, you may want to consider the costs and benefits associated with window replacement in Alaska.
Here are some of the ways you can make the most of your existing windows:
- Reseal them: Drafty windows can cut into the energy that you are expending on heating your space, and may create an uncomfortable environment for both customers and employees. You should reseal your existing windows to prevent drafts.
- Consider treatments: Window treatments, such as shading, can make a big difference in your overall energy expenses throughout the year. Even investing in and properly using blinds can make a big difference in your yearly bottom line.
- Keep them clean: Regularly cleaning your windows means that the highest possible amount of solar energy is passing through your panels. You should ensure that your windows are kept spotless throughout the year!
Replacement Glass is the premier provider of commercial doors in Alaska. We are known for our ability to provide clients with sensible commercial window and door solutions that meet a wide variety of needs. You can count on us to provide your home or business with a good entry and exit solution that can help you make the most of your place of business. Reach out to one of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives today to learn more about how we can help you achieve all of your energy savings goals.