Home windows serve both functional and aesthetic purposes, and it’s important for homeowners to make sure their windows are kept in the best condition possible. While windows are designed to last for decades, all windows must be replaced eventually. If you think it’s time to tackle this particular project, keep reading for some signs you need to replace your windows in Alaska.
Investing in replacement windows can be costly, so many homeowners are hesitant to replace their windows unless it’s absolutely necessary. However, replacing their windows can actually save homeowners money in the long run by boosting efficiency and increasing home value. Here are a few signs to look out for that indicate it’s time to replace your home windows:
- Reduced efficiency: One of the most obvious signs that you need to replace your windows in Alaska is a decline in energy efficiency. Older windows tend to have poor insulation, which leads to reduced energy efficiency due to drafts and thermal heat transfer. If you’ve noticed that your energy usage is very high and has steadily increased over the years, it’s possible outdated windows are to blame.
- More drafts: Old, damaged windows are usually much draftier than newer windows. Drafts can make indoor spaces uncomfortable by lowering the indoor temperature and releasing heated air from your home. If you feel chilly when standing next to your windows, it might be time for replacement.
- Sticky frames: Another common sign that it’s time for window replacement is sticky window frames. If your windows are very sticky and difficult to open or shut, consider replacing them. New windows are designed to operate more smoothly without getting stuck in the frame when opened or closed.
- Damage and wear: Damaged and worn windows typically have problems with performance, efficiency and aesthetic appeal. If your window panes or frames are damaged or worn, it might be time to replace them. Take a look at your windows from inside and outside your home to check on their condition. If you notice obvious signs of wear, tear and damage, call a window contractor to discuss your options for replacing your home windows in Alaska.
- Outdated windows: Even if your windows seem to be working just fine, it might be a good idea to replace them if they are very old or outdated. Old windows simply aren’t as efficient as newer windows, and they also might take a toll on your home’s curb appeal. If your windows are more than 20 years old, it’s time to start thinking seriously about replacing your home windows in Alaska.
Signs you need to replace your windows
At Replacement Glass, we know how beneficial replacing your home windows can be, and we are here to provide our Alaska customers with the highest quality window replacement services in the area. Whether you need some basic window repair services or you’re interested in having all your windows replaced, we’re here to help. Find out more about our services by giving our team a call today.
Categorised in: Window Replacement